|Study Guide to Masters and Bachelors Degree Courses|
M.Sc. Programme in International Marketing
Athens University of Economics and Business
Athens University of Economics and Business |
Department of Marketing & Communication
47A Evelpidon & 33 Lefkados Str., GR – 11362 Athens, Greece
|Tel. No.||+ 30 210 82 03 665|
|Fax No.||+ 30 210 82 03 607|
|Courses||M.Sc. Programme in International Marketing|
|Length of course||Full time: 15 months
|Type of course||Full-time programme|
|Date of commencement||The programme starts in September|
|Application Deadlines||1st round: mid November to beginning of March each year
2nd round: beginning of April to end of May each year
|Class Size||25 students|
|Exchange Partner Programmes||The PRIMA students can participate in the Erasmus exchange program of the European Union and spend the third semester of their studies abroad for conducting their dissertation. PRIMA holds bilateral agreements with various universities in Belgium, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Portugal, the Netherlands and the UK. Further, a number of foreign academics will give lectures as part of the PRIMA core courses.|
|Course director||Professor George J. Avlonitis|
|Admission requirements||The applicant should send the complete application form and the supporting documents which are:
• Certified copies of all University degrees obtained and transcripts. n case of a foreign University degree the applicant must secure a recognition from the Hellenic National Academic Recognition Information Center (www.doatap.gr)
• Two recommendation letters
• Proof of knowledge of the English language (Proficiency certificate, TOEFL/IELTS results)
• Biographical statement
• Certificate of deposit of 50 € to the Programme’s bank account number at the National Bank of Greece, 110/48008186
• Proof of work experience (if any)
• GMAT score is considered a plus
|Student profile||1.Countries of origin:
Interested students from all over the world can apply to the programme.
2. Ratio Men/Women: 50-50
3. Age Range: 22-26
4. Average Age: 24
5. Average Work Experience: none
|Contact for application||Ms Eirini Mavromara|
The Programme in International Marketing (PR.I.MA.) starts in September of every year. All coursework for the programme is normally completed by December of next year.
The programme is divided in 3 semesters and includes 8 core courses, 2 elective courses and a dissertation.
The core courses take place in the first 2 semesters and the exams are given at the end of each semester. The elective courses may take place in facilities outside Athens, their duration is one week while at the end of the week students sit on exams. These courses are open to foreign students from the participating European universities, as well as students from American universities.
The courses are taught by both residential and visiting faculty from various European and American universities The detailed structure of the programme is:
- International Business Management
- Cross Cultural Management
- International Marketing Research
- Marketing & Consumer Behavior across Cultures
- International Marketing Strategy
- International B2B Marketing
- International Product Management
- International Marketing Communications
3rd semester: Elective courses (2 out of 4) and the dissertation
- International Services Marketing
- International Pricing
- International Channel Management
- International Sales Management
The final months of the academic programme are devoted to the writing of the dissertation. The preparation of a dissertation is one of the most creative challenges of the postgraduate programme. The dissertation aims to:
• provide an opportunity to study a particular topic in depth;
• put into practice theories and concepts learned on the programme;
• combine relevant theories and suggest alternatives;
• enable interaction with practitioners.
Since the dissertation is part of the MSc in International Marketing, it must have a substantial international marketing aspect. Students are given the opportunity to undertake their dissertation in a participating University. A list of these Universities will be given to the students prior to the selection of the topic. Students that choose to undertake their dissertation abroad will be funded through the ERASMUS programme of the European Union.
The teaching methods combine structured lectures by academics with long teaching and consulting experience, case study presentations, business simulation games and team working projects. The lecturing style tends to be Participative, and lectures frequently incorporate real world examples, mini cases and discussions. The theoretical knowledge obtained by the classroom lectures is combined with real live business experience through executive workshops are offered with distinguished company executives as keynote speakers and field trips to subsidiaries of international companies and/or companies with extensive export activity.
Course attendance in the M.Sc. in International Marketing programme is obligatory. Student attendance lists are maintained by the program secretariat. Students are also required to arrive timely, so as not to disturb the class. The student is allowed to miss up to three (3) lectures of each course for personal reasons, otherwise he/she cannot sit on the exams of this course. In such a case the student should repeat the course in the academic period during which it is next available.
At the end of each course, students sit on written exams. Typically, the final grade of each course is based on the assessment of:
• The exam paper
• Case study / project / simulation games preparation
• Class participation
Contact M.Sc. Programme in International Marketing
Athens University of Economics and Business
Request For Further Information
To add detailed information on your school/university contact firstname.lastname@example.org|
Educate Abroad | email@example.com