Athens University of Economics & Business
Master’s of Science in International Shipping, Finance and Management
The MSc program aims to offer postgraduate education and training to graduate students and executives that wish to work or are currently employed in the sectors of Shipping, Finance and Management, and aim to advance to the highest levels of the international market via an English-speaking
graduate training program, which is highly acclaimed - ranked 5th in the World by Eduniversal 2018 Masters ranking.
It is addressed to graduates with officially recognized undergraduate degrees in areas such as Economics, Finance, Management, Law, Science, Engineering.
The postgraduate program leads to the award of a Master’s of Science (MSc) degree and offers:
The MSc program offers:
- ➢ A 12-months full-time program, designed to meet the needs of graduates, with lectures taking place mainly during the morning or in the afternoon.
- ➢ A 24-months part-time program, designed to meet the needs of business executives, where lectures are conducted in the evenings.
- Postgraduate study in an International Maritime Centre, in Greece – with the highest ownership (in tonnage) in the World and hundreds of companies located here
- The opportunity to study at AUEB, a top School for Economics and Business in Greece and Internationally recognized for its quality of education, research and training
- An MSc program qualification officially recognized by the Greek State
- An academic program taught by world class professors - all with PhD’s, constantly reviewed to fit the needs of the industry
- Placements of students with companies at the end of the taught part of the program
- Visits to relevant companies and organizations
- Executive guest speakers from the industry and Workshops
- Access to major databases, newspapers, periodicals and academic journals related to shipping, finance and management
- Scholarships available to suitable applicants
- Academic excellence prizes, awarded to students at the end of the full and part time programs
The program operates in accordance with the MSc Program Regulation (approved by the 16th Senate Session of 5/7/2018) and Law 4485/2017.
Documents that must be submitted with the application:
1. Application form.
2. Two recent passport size photographs
3. CV in English
4. Personal statement of approximately 500 words, in English
5. Copy of the bank deposit slip, covering the application processing fee of €50 (Account details: ΙΒΑΝ GR69 0110 1100 0000 1100 0125 051, SWIFT/ BIC: ETHNGRAA, BENEFICIARY: RC AUEB)
Documents that can be submitted at a later stage:
1. Two confidential recommendation letters, by the interview date
2. Certified Copies of all University Degrees / Diplomas (Recognition by the Hellenic National Academic Recognition Information Centre (DOATAP) is required)
3. Official Transcripts of marks received (with certified translation in English if not in Greek)
4. Proof of employment record, if any – required for part time applicants
5. English language certification verifying excellent command of the language (as determined by a TOEIC, IELTS or GRE score, or the Cambridge or Michigan Certificate of Proficiency in English)
Applications submitted electronically through: https://e-graduate.applications.aueb.gr/
1. register and login to the link above
2. find in the list of available Postgraduate Programs, the ‘MSc in International Shipping, Finance and Management’
3. select ‘full-time’ or ‘part-time’ program 4. complete all required fields in the application form Notice: you should complete the online application and click "Submit". You will not have to upload any documents.
If any personal data is not applicable (for example VAT, which is not applicable for foreign students), please type “- “.
Within a period of three (3) days, applicants have to send by post or submit in person to the Secretariat’s office (see contact details below) the signed printed form of the electronic application along with the required supporting documents.
About Athens University of Economics & Business
Established more than 85 years ago, the Athens University of Economics and Business (AUEB) has always been on the forefront of education and research.
Our University has produced by far the largest number of industry leaders, entrepreneurs and managers and has thus played a key role in the development of the country. At the same time, AUEB is privileged to have excellent faculty.
Enjoying the best reputation in Greece, and having developed a strong research orientation, AUEB attracts faculty who have previously been on the faculties of some of the best schools internationally, like Wharton, Columbia, London School of Economics, Cambridge, INSEAD, London Business School, Fuqua, and others.
In addition, renowned scientists and political figures, including Nobel Prize winners in Economics, have been awarded Honorary Degrees from AUEB. Moreover, according to a recent survey by the Social Science Research Network (October 2006), AUEB is ranked 6th in terms of research and publications in a list of 799 Business Schools worldwide (not including the USA).
AUEB is currently a member of the European University Association (EUA) and the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB International).