|Study Guide to Masters and Bachelors Degree Courses|
Master Program in Fashion, Experience & Design Management (MAFED)
SDA Bocconi School of Management –
|Address||Via Balilla, 18 - 20136 Milan, Italy|
|Tel. No.||+39 02 5836 3177|
|Fax No.||+39 02 5836 3272|
|Web address||Master Program in Fashion, Experience & Design Management website|
|Course||Master Program in Fashion, Experience & Design Management - MAFED|
|Type of course||Full time – Held in English|
|Length of course||12 months|
|Date of commencement|| The selection process begins in February 2017. |
The application is available exclusively online and must be completed in English.
Applicants may verify the arrival of their application and confirm that full documentation has been received through our application website.
Applications are examined on a rolling basis and, given the high number of applications, those received much in advance of the deadline have a greater chance of being admitted. Therefore, it is in the interest of all candidates to submit their application as early as possible. When the School receives your application, it carries out a pre-selection based on the documents sent.
The Admissions Committee lets the candidates know if they are considered suitable to proceed with the selection process. The final selection result is communicated to the candidate once the application is complete, which implies all documents received and tests completed.
|Student grants / Financial assistance:||The School assists candidates with their search for funding by supplying the necessary documentation and encouraging them to explore all scholarship and loan possibilities. SDA Bocconi provides opportunities for low-interest loans to admitted students, thanks to agreements with partner banks. Furthermore, the University provides international students with information about possible sources for financing in several countries.|
|Accommodation||SDA Bocconi does not provide on-campus accommodation|
|Student profile|| 1. Ratio of National / International students: 18% - 82% |
2. Ratio of Men / Women: 18% men – 82% women
3. Age range: 24-27 years
|Admission requirements||• University Degree in any discipline.
Candidates from disciplines other than business administration must attend pre-courses in November;|
• International profile with at least two years professional experience;
• Fluency in English. Candidates whose mother tongue is not English are required to submit a TOEFL, IELTS, PTE or CPE result;
• Italian language instruction. Although the program is conducted mostly in English, participants not fluent in Italian are highly recommended that they take the Italian course for beginners during the the program;
• SDA test and MAFED essay. Details on the essay and on the SDA Test will be communicated by the Admissions Service once the pre-selection is complete;
• Applicants may be required to have an interview with the program Director either in Milano at SDA Bocconi or in alternative remotely (via webcam).
|Programme Director:||Emanuela Prandelli|
|Contact details for application||SDA Bocconi, Masters Division |
Recruiting and Admissions Service - MAFED
Via Balilla, 18 - 20136 Milano, Italy
Tel: +39 02 5836 3177
Fax: +39 02 5836 3272
Add more value to creativity.
The Master in Fashion, Experience & Design Management (MAFED) is an intense, 1-year full-time program that is taught entirely in English and attracts students from all over the world.
MAFED provides robust management competences to participants who are willing to work in highly creative industries, where unlimited imagination needs to be combined with analytical skills, consistent strategies, and carefully targeted marketing initiatives.
MAFED is the Master for you if
• You aspire to take on a managerial role in a fashion, luxury or design-based company, or you are interested in developing your start-up in these sectors.
• You are interested in experience-products and want to work in businesses that create unique customer experiences
• You are looking for a program that gives you direct exposure to the industry world, where things happen
• You want to obtain a qualification that is in line with your objectives
• You want a recognized International Specialized Post-Graduate and Post-Experience Master, for International profiles with professional experience.
What MAFED can offer you
The program, with its focused approach and its close links with the most relevant industry players, will enable you to:
• Receive specialized management education and tools in one of the top world’s fashion and design capitals, where many high-profile events take place every year;
• Interact with a dedicated F&D academic and professional Faculty;
• Learn about new trends and successful business models moving between fashion and design based industries and across segments, from luxury to fast fashion retailers;
• Get familiar with the opportunities to rely on digital environments in high-touch businesses;
• Visit the best fashion and design companies, including factories, showrooms, and flagship stores;
• Join an international network made of students from over twenty nationalities and almost 500 Alumni worldwide.
For those who do not have a business background the Master starts in November: with Pre-courses, establishing and creating a common managerial platform among participants.
* Basics of Management
* Quantitative Methods
All partecipants, including those who did not attend Pre-courses, are required to take the Pre-courses exams at the beginning of the Program.
GENERAL MANAGEMENT & APPLIED MANAGEMENT
January / May
General Management Courses
Gaining managerial tools, methods and concepts with a specific focus on fashion and design-based companies.
• Financial Reporting and Analysis
• Corporate Finance I
• Management of Control Systems
• Fashion Marketing
• Data Analysis for Marketing Research + Excel
• Business Policy
• People Management
• Sales Management
• Business Planning
Applied Management Courses
Understanding the key managerial processes in companies where fashion, design and experience are the product/value.
• Country Models in Fashion & Luxury
• Italian Excellence
• Managing Design-Based Companies
• Industry Analysis in Fashion & Luxury
• Managing Symbol Intensive Companies
• Design Fundamentals and Trends
• Supply Chain Management
• Communication Management
Developing the core competence and tools to work in fashion, design, and experience-based industries
• Omnichannel and Retail Management
• Digital Strategy, Marketing, and eCommerce (in partnership with YOOX NET-A-PORTER GROUP)
• Customer Relationship Management
• Merchandising Advanced
July / November
In company group projects cover several corporate aspects and functions (brand positioning, pricing, entry into new markets, etc.).
ADVANCED COURSES AND SEMINARS
September / November
Going into the details, exploring advanced themes, getting ready to deal with them.
• International Business in a Global Environment
• Developing Creativity in Business
• Creative Entrepreneurship
• Corporate Finance – Advanced
• Processes and Competence in Brand and Product Management
• Processes and Competence in Retail
Ad-hoc seminars to deepen knowledge on advanced topics and learn state of the art methodologies and tools.
• Corporate Social Responsibility in Fashion & Luxury
• Economics of Corporate Governance in Fashion & Luxury Firms
• Retail Stock Management
(on a fee-paying basis)
• The Italian and the French Fashion and Luxury Systems in Comparison (Study Tour in Paris)
• The Italian and the Spanish Fashion Systems in Comparison (Study Tour in Madrid)
The leading School of Management in Italy and the only Italian School present in all of the most important International rankings (Financial Times, Bloomberg Businessweek, The Economist, Forbes), SDA Bocconi has established itself as a European leader in higher education.
SDA Bocconi School of Management is part of UniversitÓ Bocconi, the first Italian University to grant a degree in economics. For over a century, Bocconi has played a leading role in Italy’s social and economic modernization.
SDA Bocconi has been engaged in the promotion and organization of executive education since 1971, with an International approach. The School’s vision of empowering life through knowledge and imagination lies behind its program offerings: Executive Education Open and Custom Programs, MBA and Master Programs, for the development of individuals, companies, institutions and economic systems.
Choosing SDA Bocconi and coming to Milano means choosing a vibrant environment, the entrepreneurial, financial and industrialized center of Italy, a doorway to Europe. In short, a wealth of international contacts and opportunities.
And Milano, of course, is culture, fashion, design, food and the art of living.
Latest SDA Bocconi Rankings
9th MBA in Europe - Financial Times Global MBA Ranking 2016
25th MBA Worldwide - Financial Times Global MBA Rankings 2015
7th BS in Europe - Financial Times European B-Schools 2015
32nd Executive MBA in Europe - Financial Times Executive MBA 2015
7th in the world for Custom Programs - Financial Times Executive Education 2015
10th in Europe in the overall standings - Financial Times Executive Education 2015
5th International B-Schools outside of the US - Forbes - The Best International Business Schools 2015 (1-year, non-US Programs)
4th MBA program in the world (excluding the US) for the return on investment - Forbes - The Best International Business Schools 2015 (1-year, non-US Programs)
14th MBA in Europe, 50th MBA Worldwide - The Economist 2015 Full-Time MBA Ranking
12th among the best programs taught outside of the U.S., and 10th in Europe - Bloomberg Businessweek Best Business School Ranking 2015
5th in Europe - QS - TopMBA Global 200 Business Schools Report 2014/2015 - Europe
To add detailed information on your school/university contact email@example.com|
Educate Abroad | firstname.lastname@example.org