|Study Guide to Masters and Bachelors Degree Courses|
University of Oradea
Faculty of Social Humanistic Science
|Rector||Professor Teodor Maghiar|
5 Armatei Romane Street|
3700 - Oradea, Romania
|Tel. No.||+40 59 432 889|
|Fax No.||+40 59 432 789|
|Faculties & Colleges||
|Type of courses||See individual faculties and colleges|
|Length of courses||See individual faculties and colleges|
|Date of commencement||1st of October - the opening of the academic year|
Class size for courses: minimum 60 students|
For seminars and laboratories activities classes are organized in groups and subgroups. A group can contain 25 - 30 students, subgroups contains 12 - 15 students.
Part of the students of our university are accommodated in places having this very destination. These include: 2 own hostels situated in the campus that offer 656 seats, 3 hostels situated in Oradea and Sânmartin (588 seats) and a hotel in Baile Felix Spa (300 seats). Moreover, it is stipulated the construction of 6 own hostels having 800 seats. Equipped according to the actual requirements, they are estimated to satisfy to a large extent the demand for the future students.|
Foreign students who are studying at our university can obtain accommodation and food in the campus facilities upon room availability. Students benefit from discounted transportation and room and board, subject to availability.
Our campus, covering an area of 14300 square m., it is one of the cosiest university campuses in Romania. This aspect is given by the successful combination between the architecture of the buildings and the little dendrological park having species like: "Rododendron skocsky", "Fortitia suspeusa Catalpa", sp "Belula Verucosa", "Cerasus Aoium", "Sophora Japonica", "Salix Babylonica" etc., some of them being rarities.
|Fees||Technical, Economic, Agronomy, Physical Education and Sports, University|
Full-time Higher Education - 320$ monthly
Post-academic Education (Ph.D. with full-time attendance) - 340 $ monthly
Ph.D. Dissertation Examination - 845 $
Medical and Pharmaceutical
Full-time Higher Education - 360$ monthly
Post-academic Education (Ph.D. with full-time attendance) - 380 $ monthly
Ph.D. Dissertation Examination - 995 $
Music and Plastic Arts
Full-time Higher Education - 470 $ monthly
Post-academic Education (Ph.D. with full-time attendance) - 495 $ monthly
Ph.D. Dissertation Examination - 1350 $
Dramatic Arts, Theater and Film
Full-time Higher Education - 760 $ monthly
Post-academic Education (Ph.D. with full-time attendance) - 800 $ monthly
Ph.D. Dissertation Examination - 1550 $
Fees in the above table are for September 2001. Fees are subject to change without notice. Foreign citizens who are financing their own studies must pay for the vacation period (109 $/ monthly + free medical insurance). Foreigners who do not require a visa to stay in Romania and have medical insurance in their country valid for Romania are exempt.
|Admission requirements||Foreign students who wish to study in Romania are invited to send the registration form directly to the education institution or to the Romanian Ministry of Education and Research, Department of International Relations at the address: Str. G-ral Berthelot nr. 28 - 30, Bucuresti 70738, Romania, Phone: 40-1-3131013, fax: 40-1-3126614. Foreign students are accepted to study in Romania based on the approval of the Ministry of Education and Research. The entry visa to Romania (if required) can be obtained at the Romanian Embassy in your country.|
List of documents required for the application to study:
These documents have to be presented in original, accompanied by certified translations into an international language (English, French or German, if the case is such) and validated as authentic by the Romanian Embassy and the Ministry of Education from your country.
Foreign students are enrolled in the program without admission examination, above the set number of Romanian students approved. Generally, foreign students are enrolled in university and post-academic programs after completing the preparatory year of Romanian language study. During this year you also benefit of specific training for your future education. After completion of the preparatory year you will hold a test which confers a Certificate of Graduation of the Preparatory Year. For registration in faculties where teaching is held in a foreign language, you will have to pass a test in that specific language. Persons who are from a country having the official language the language of study and have taken courses previously in the same language, are exempted from the test. Applicants who studied in their country for a period of 4 years in Romanian language, are exempt from the language test and the preparatory year. Also, applicants who speak Romanian and are able to hold the language test without the preparatory year may do so.
Foreign citizens who intend to study architecture, arts or sports must hold an aptitude test specific to their specialization, prior to enrollment.
For Ph.D. programs, applicants must hold a pre-examination to determine their level of knowledge in the field. The exam can be held at the higher education institution chosen by the applicant. Foreign citizens can cover study expenses through Romanian Government scholarships or through their own financing.
At the University of Oradea there operates an International Relationship Department since 1996. The coordinator is Ph.D. Prof. Ioan Horga, Phone No. +40 59 432 830 ext. 183, Fax: +40 59 467 642 or +40 59 432 789, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
|Contact for application||
Cornel ANTAL - Ph.D. Assoc.Prof. Eng.|
Scientific Secretary of the University of Oradea
Webmaster of the University of Oradea
General Presentation of the Faculty
The Faculty of Social Humanistic Science is perpetuating the tradition of the Faculties of History - Geography and Physical Education of the Institute for Higher Education founded in 1963.
The faculty has been functioning by itself since 1999 after taking off the Faculty of Letters and Social Human Science. The faculty has a prevalent didactic aim, training teachers for all levels of education, as well as other professions according to the specialization: researcher, museologist, archivist, psychologist, meteorologist, sociologist, social assistant etc.
Irrespective of specialization, graduation implies a final examination of a fundamental subject and two exams in special subjects, followed by the candidates defending their BA dissertations. Graduates of long-term education (4 years) obtain University Diploma, along the rights involved it.
Concerning the practice activities the Faculty cooperates with "Tarii Crisurilor" Museum, National Archives from Oradea, Meteorological Station Stâna de Vale, Meteorological Station, Psychiatry Hospital from Oradea etc. Students have at their disposal lecture halls, seminar rooms, adequate laboratories, practice amenities, hostels and canteen where they spend their activities, and generally their life, in very good conditions. The Faculty of Social Humanistic Science has the highly qualified personnel and the appropriate facilities needed by a modern, efficient and competitive higher education institution. The activity of the Faculty's departments is organized according to the principles of the European Credit Transfer System (ECTS), which enables them to form partnership links with specialization in Romania or abroad.
Address: Str. Armatei Române nr. 5, 3700 Oradea, Bihor, România
Phone: +40 59 432 830 ext. 167
Fax: +40 59 432 789
· History - Geography - Long-term university education, 4 years / full-time - University Diploma
· History - Long-term university education, 4 years / full-time - University Diploma
· History - Archaeology - Long-term university education, 4 years / full-time - University Diploma
· Geography - Long-term university education, 4 years / full-time - University Diploma
· Geography - Tourism services and Trade economy - Long - term university education, 4 years / full-time - University Diploma
· Territorial Planning - Long-term university education, 4 years / full-time - University Diploma
· Psychology - Long-term university education, 4 years / full-time - University Diploma
· Sociology - Long-term university education, 4 years / full-time - University Diploma
· Philosophy - Long-term university education, 4 years / full-time - University Diploma
· Social attendance - Long-term university education, 4 years / full-time - University Diploma
· The History of the Romanian West in the universal context - In-depth Studies, 1 year / full-time - In-depth Studies Diploma
· Geographical Risks and Hazards - In-depth Studies, 1 year / full-time - In-depth Studies Diploma
· Tourism and Territorial Improvement - In-depth Studies, 1 year / full-time - In-depth Studies Diploma
· Land Improvement - Master Studies, 2 years / full-time - Master Diploma
· Euro-regional studies - Master Studies, 2 years / full-time - Master Diploma
· Ancient History and Archeology - Doctorate - Doctorate Diploma
· Geomorphology, Physical Geography, Environment protection - Doctorate - Doctorate Diploma
The research themes of the history department are:
· Dacian and Dacian-Roman civilization.
· The formation of the Romanian people.
· History and rural ethnology.
· Cultural history
· Financial and bank history.
· The history of the Romanian elite.
· History of anticommunist resistance etc.
The department publishes The Annals of the University from Oradea, History Installment Archeology, "Ancient and mediaeval Crisana and Muntii Apuseni".
The research themes of the geography department are:
· The geomorphology of the western part of Romania and the Transilvanian Basin.
· Climate researches in western Carpathians.
· The geography of the population and its elements.
· Evaluation of the tourist potential.
· Project of tourist fitting out of Western Romania.
The department publishes: The Annals of the University of Oradea, Geographic Installment, Romanian Review of political geography.
The research themes of the psychology department are:
· The aspects of self-knowledge of the institutionalized children.
· Psychosocial identity of children in the Orphanage.
· The investigation of the way of presentation of private relationship.
· The optimization of the parents-child relationship.
· The development of educational programs for parents.
· School type learning: models, conditions, factor.
The department publishes The Annals of the University of Oradea, Psychology Installment.
The research themes of Sociology - Social attendance are:
· Determination of the needs of social services for old persons in Oradea.
· Project of improving of services offered by children Receiving Center from Oradea.
· The women in the context of changing status
· Culture and contemporary mentalities.
· The anthropology of the sacred space.
· Psychosocial aspects of inter-ethnical relationships.
· Economical choice.
· The problems of institutionalized teenagers.
The department publishes The Annals of the University from Oradea, Sociology Installment.
The research themes of the Philosophy department are:
· Human problems in Romanian Inter-war-philosophy.
· Science, technique and spirit.
· The logic and philosophy of science.
· The philosophy of social imaginary.
· The idea of death in Romanian spirituality.
The department publishes The Annals of the University of Oradea, Philosophy Installment.
Leadership of the Faculty
Dean: Ph.D. univ. Prof. BARBU STEFANESCU
Area of competence: Rural History, Ethnography
Vice Dean: Ph.D. univ. Reader Ioan ZAINEA
Area of competence: The Contemporary History of Romania
Scientific Secretary: Ph.D. univ. Prof. Gheorghe MAHARA
Area of competence: Meteorology, Climathology and Regional Geography
To add detailed information on your school/university contact email@example.com|
Educate Abroad | firstname.lastname@example.org