|Study Guide to Masters and Bachelors Degree Courses|
University of Oradea
Faculty of Management and Technological Engineering
|Rector||Professor Teodor Maghiar|
5 Armatei Romane Street|
3700 - Oradea, Romania
|Tel. No.||+40 59 432 889|
|Fax No.||+40 59 432 789|
|Faculties & Colleges||
|Type of courses||See individual faculties and colleges|
|Length of courses||See individual faculties and colleges|
|Date of commencement||1st of October - the opening of the academic year|
Class size for courses: minimum 60 students|
For seminars and laboratories activities classes are organized in groups and subgroups. A group can contain 25 - 30 students, subgroups contains 12 - 15 students.
Part of the students of our university are accommodated in places having this very destination. These include: 2 own hostels situated in the campus that offer 656 seats, 3 hostels situated in Oradea and Sânmartin (588 seats) and a hotel in Baile Felix Spa (300 seats). Moreover, it is stipulated the construction of 6 own hostels having 800 seats. Equipped according to the actual requirements, they are estimated to satisfy to a large extent the demand for the future students.|
Foreign students who are studying at our university can obtain accommodation and food in the campus facilities upon room availability. Students benefit from discounted transportation and room and board, subject to availability.
Our campus, covering an area of 14300 square m., it is one of the cosiest university campuses in Romania. This aspect is given by the successful combination between the architecture of the buildings and the little dendrological park having species like: "Rododendron skocsky", "Fortitia suspeusa Catalpa", sp "Belula Verucosa", "Cerasus Aoium", "Sophora Japonica", "Salix Babylonica" etc., some of them being rarities.
|Fees||Technical, Economic, Agronomy, Physical Education and Sports, University|
Full-time Higher Education - 320$ monthly
Post-academic Education (Ph.D. with full-time attendance) - 340 $ monthly
Ph.D. Dissertation Examination - 845 $
Medical and Pharmaceutical
Full-time Higher Education - 360$ monthly
Post-academic Education (Ph.D. with full-time attendance) - 380 $ monthly
Ph.D. Dissertation Examination - 995 $
Music and Plastic Arts
Full-time Higher Education - 470 $ monthly
Post-academic Education (Ph.D. with full-time attendance) - 495 $ monthly
Ph.D. Dissertation Examination - 1350 $
Dramatic Arts, Theater and Film
Full-time Higher Education - 760 $ monthly
Post-academic Education (Ph.D. with full-time attendance) - 800 $ monthly
Ph.D. Dissertation Examination - 1550 $
Fees in the above table are for September 2001. Fees are subject to change without notice. Foreign citizens who are financing their own studies must pay for the vacation period (109 $/ monthly + free medical insurance). Foreigners who do not require a visa to stay in Romania and have medical insurance in their country valid for Romania are exempt.
|Admission requirements||Foreign students who wish to study in Romania are invited to send the registration form directly to the education institution or to the Romanian Ministry of Education and Research, Department of International Relations at the address: Str. G-ral Berthelot nr. 28 - 30, Bucuresti 70738, Romania, Phone: 40-1-3131013, fax: 40-1-3126614. Foreign students are accepted to study in Romania based on the approval of the Ministry of Education and Research. The entry visa to Romania (if required) can be obtained at the Romanian Embassy in your country.|
List of documents required for the application to study:
These documents have to be presented in original, accompanied by certified translations into an international language (English, French or German, if the case is such) and validated as authentic by the Romanian Embassy and the Ministry of Education from your country.
Foreign students are enrolled in the program without admission examination, above the set number of Romanian students approved. Generally, foreign students are enrolled in university and post-academic programs after completing the preparatory year of Romanian language study. During this year you also benefit of specific training for your future education. After completion of the preparatory year you will hold a test which confers a Certificate of Graduation of the Preparatory Year. For registration in faculties where teaching is held in a foreign language, you will have to pass a test in that specific language. Persons who are from a country having the official language the language of study and have taken courses previously in the same language, are exempted from the test. Applicants who studied in their country for a period of 4 years in Romanian language, are exempt from the language test and the preparatory year. Also, applicants who speak Romanian and are able to hold the language test without the preparatory year may do so.
Foreign citizens who intend to study architecture, arts or sports must hold an aptitude test specific to their specialization, prior to enrollment.
For Ph.D. programs, applicants must hold a pre-examination to determine their level of knowledge in the field. The exam can be held at the higher education institution chosen by the applicant. Foreign citizens can cover study expenses through Romanian Government scholarships or through their own financing.
At the University of Oradea there operates an International Relationship Department since 1996. The coordinator is Ph.D. Prof. Ioan Horga, Phone No. +40 59 432 830 ext. 183, Fax: +40 59 467 642 or +40 59 432 789, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
|Contact for application||
Cornel ANTAL - Ph.D. Assoc.Prof. Eng.|
Scientific Secretary of the University of Oradea
Webmaster of the University of Oradea
General Presentation In 1976, within The Teacher-Training Institute of Oradea the College of Engineering was set up offering training in the field of Mechanics, as well as in Technology of Machine Building. In the academic year 1992-1993 the Faculty of Mechanics was set up having the following specialisation: Machine Engineering Technology, Fine Mechanics, Welding Equipment and Technology, Industrial Robots. The Faculty of Mechanics ever since 1993-1994 has completed its specialisation with the field of Economic Engineering, Economic Engineering in the field of Mechanics.
In the academic year 1994-1995, the Faculty of Mechanical Engineering changed its name, thus becoming the Faculty of Management of Technological Engineering.
Address: Str. Armatei Române nr. 5, 3700 Oradea, Bihor, România
Phone: +40 59 130 767
+40 59 432 830 ext. 141
Fax: +40 59 432 789
· Technology of Machine Buildings - Long term university education, 5 years / full-time, 6 years / evening courses - Engineer Diploma
· Welding Technology and Equipment - Long term university education, 5 years / full-time, 6 years / evening courses - Engineer Diploma
· Fine Mechanics - Long term university education, 5 years / full-time, 6 years / evening courses - Engineer Diploma
· Industrial Robotics - Long term university education, 5 years / full-time, 6 years / evening courses - Engineer Diploma
· Process Equipment and Installations - Long term university education, 5 years / full-time, 6 years / evening courses - Engineer Diploma
· Equipment and Technology for Agriculture and Food industry - Long term university education, 5 years / full-time, 6 years / evening courses - Engineer Diploma
· Road Motor Vehicles - Long term university education, 5 years / full-time, 6 years / evening courses - Engineer Diploma
· Managerial Engineering in Mechanics - Long term university education, 5 years / full-time, 6 years / D.L.E., 6 years / evening courses - Engineer Diploma
· Agricultural mechanics - Long term university education, 5 years / full-time, 6 years / evening courses - Engineer Diploma
· Engineering Quality Management - In-depth studies, 1 year / full-time - In-depth studies Diploma
· Modern Technologies in Machine Buildings - In-depth studies, 1 year / full-time - In-depth studies Diploma
· Management and Business Engineering - In-depth studies, 1 year / full-time - In-depth studies Diploma
· Conception, Production and Management integrated on the computer - Master studies, 1 year / full-time - Master Diploma
· Industrial Engineering - Doctorate studies (full-time and part-time) - Doctorate Diploma
The research activity is orientated in the following directions:
· Researches Concerning Thermal Energy Conversion of Geothermal waters with Medium Temperatures in Electrical Energy
· Researches Concerning Non - Conventional Technologies
· Flexible Systems
· Machines - Tools Vibrations
· Technological Equipment.
Leadership of the Faculty
Dean: Ph.D. univ. Prof. Eng. Ioan Eugen RADU
Area of competence: Cold Plastic Deformation Technology, Reliability.
Vice Dean: Ph.D. univ. Reader Eng. Calin Florin BABAN
Area of competence: Quality and Reliability Engineering
Scientific Secretary: Ph.D. univ. Reader Eng. Alexandru Viorel PELE
Area of competence: Experimental and numerical analysis
To add detailed information on your school/university contact email@example.com|
Educate Abroad | firstname.lastname@example.org