|Study Guide to Masters and Bachelors Degree Courses|
University of Oradea
Research Centers and Teams
|Rector||Professor Teodor Maghiar|
5 Armatei Romane Street|
3700 - Oradea, Romania
|Tel. No.||+40 59 432 889|
|Fax No.||+40 59 432 789|
|Faculties & Colleges||
|Type of courses||See individual faculties and colleges|
|Length of courses||See individual faculties and colleges|
|Date of commencement||1st of October - the opening of the academic year|
Class size for courses: minimum 60 students|
For seminars and laboratories activities classes are organized in groups and subgroups. A group can contain 25 - 30 students, subgroups contains 12 - 15 students.
Part of the students of our university are accommodated in places having this very destination. These include: 2 own hostels situated in the campus that offer 656 seats, 3 hostels situated in Oradea and Sânmartin (588 seats) and a hotel in Baile Felix Spa (300 seats). Moreover, it is stipulated the construction of 6 own hostels having 800 seats. Equipped according to the actual requirements, they are estimated to satisfy to a large extent the demand for the future students.|
Foreign students who are studying at our university can obtain accommodation and food in the campus facilities upon room availability. Students benefit from discounted transportation and room and board, subject to availability.
Our campus, covering an area of 14300 square m., it is one of the cosiest university campuses in Romania. This aspect is given by the successful combination between the architecture of the buildings and the little dendrological park having species like: "Rododendron skocsky", "Fortitia suspeusa Catalpa", sp "Belula Verucosa", "Cerasus Aoium", "Sophora Japonica", "Salix Babylonica" etc., some of them being rarities.
|Fees||Technical, Economic, Agronomy, Physical Education and Sports, University|
Full-time Higher Education - 320$ monthly
Post-academic Education (Ph.D. with full-time attendance) - 340 $ monthly
Ph.D. Dissertation Examination - 845 $
Medical and Pharmaceutical
Full-time Higher Education - 360$ monthly
Post-academic Education (Ph.D. with full-time attendance) - 380 $ monthly
Ph.D. Dissertation Examination - 995 $
Music and Plastic Arts
Full-time Higher Education - 470 $ monthly
Post-academic Education (Ph.D. with full-time attendance) - 495 $ monthly
Ph.D. Dissertation Examination - 1350 $
Dramatic Arts, Theater and Film
Full-time Higher Education - 760 $ monthly
Post-academic Education (Ph.D. with full-time attendance) - 800 $ monthly
Ph.D. Dissertation Examination - 1550 $
Fees in the above table are for September 2001. Fees are subject to change without notice. Foreign citizens who are financing their own studies must pay for the vacation period (109 $/ monthly + free medical insurance). Foreigners who do not require a visa to stay in Romania and have medical insurance in their country valid for Romania are exempt.
|Admission requirements||Foreign students who wish to study in Romania are invited to send the registration form directly to the education institution or to the Romanian Ministry of Education and Research, Department of International Relations at the address: Str. G-ral Berthelot nr. 28 - 30, Bucuresti 70738, Romania, Phone: 40-1-3131013, fax: 40-1-3126614. Foreign students are accepted to study in Romania based on the approval of the Ministry of Education and Research. The entry visa to Romania (if required) can be obtained at the Romanian Embassy in your country.|
List of documents required for the application to study:
These documents have to be presented in original, accompanied by certified translations into an international language (English, French or German, if the case is such) and validated as authentic by the Romanian Embassy and the Ministry of Education from your country.
Foreign students are enrolled in the program without admission examination, above the set number of Romanian students approved. Generally, foreign students are enrolled in university and post-academic programs after completing the preparatory year of Romanian language study. During this year you also benefit of specific training for your future education. After completion of the preparatory year you will hold a test which confers a Certificate of Graduation of the Preparatory Year. For registration in faculties where teaching is held in a foreign language, you will have to pass a test in that specific language. Persons who are from a country having the official language the language of study and have taken courses previously in the same language, are exempted from the test. Applicants who studied in their country for a period of 4 years in Romanian language, are exempt from the language test and the preparatory year. Also, applicants who speak Romanian and are able to hold the language test without the preparatory year may do so.
Foreign citizens who intend to study architecture, arts or sports must hold an aptitude test specific to their specialization, prior to enrollment.
For Ph.D. programs, applicants must hold a pre-examination to determine their level of knowledge in the field. The exam can be held at the higher education institution chosen by the applicant. Foreign citizens can cover study expenses through Romanian Government scholarships or through their own financing.
At the University of Oradea there operates an International Relationship Department since 1996. The coordinator is Ph.D. Prof. Ioan Horga, Phone No. +40 59 432 830 ext. 183, Fax: +40 59 467 642 or +40 59 432 789, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
|Contact for application||
Cornel ANTAL - Ph.D. Assoc.Prof. Eng.|
Scientific Secretary of the University of Oradea
Webmaster of the University of Oradea
Research complements teaching at the University of Oradea. Extensive research is carried out in research centers, research groups, and within faculties. The directions for research are set by the academic community, by taking into account the existing research capability, local heritage, present and future demands. Research is part of every academic employee's work. It is one of the criteria in evaluating the employee's performance. It may be part of the didactic performance plan.
One major objective of our research programs has been attracting a large number of students and specialists from our University and from elsewhere, into becoming interested in these fields. For this purpose, the University concluded several protocols with various institutions in the country and abroad. Protocols are focused on interdisciplinary themes in various fields. They are supported with seminars, conferences and mutual research contracts.
Scientific research, at the University of Oradea, encompasses both the fundamental and the applied side. Direct application of the results of fundamental research is specifically emphasized.
Research, at the University of Oradea, is strategically developed in the following directions:
· Energy Technologies
· Electrical Technology and Electronics
· Mechanical Technology and Engineering
· Environmental Technology and Engineering
· Social - Humanistic Sciences
· Economic Sciences
· Law Sciences
· Mathematics and Information Technology
· Physical Chemistry
· Music and Arts.
Within the faculties, the instruction and educational activities are accompanied and perfected by scientific research. Along with the professional achievements and the moral behaviour, scientific research becomes the main criterion for academic evaluation of the teaching staff involved in higher education. The University also coordinates special scientific centers:
The National Geothermal Research Center has lead research in the following areas:
· conversion of geothermal water energy into electrical energy and the fundaments of the binary cycle of the electrical plant
· cascade utilization of the geothermal water energy
· chemical treatment of the geothermal water for its re-injection
· geothermal water impact on limestone rocks
· separation of gases resulted from the geothermal deposit in Bors, for CH4 and CO2 use in technological processes
· hothouse heating through geothermal energy
· retention of SO2 from coal-burn emanations in parallel with electrical energy production
· retention of B from geothermal water
· composite determination (quantity and quality) of the geothermal associated gases in certain wells in Campia de Vest, Romania
· creation of a database for geothermal water deposits in Campia de Vest, Romania
· dynamic structure and productivity of certain biocenosys (terrestrial and aquatic). Genetic and ecological factors which influence various ecosystems · effects of geothermal water radioactivity over the plant and animal genotype · elaboration and optimization of chromatographic methods for medicinal plant analysis, for certain flavonite-rich plants; usage of mixed heteropolyacids in analytical chemistry; physical and chemical study of geothermal water in Cimpia Crisurilor etc.
The Medical Research Center. Research is focused on:
· human physiology
· influence of magnetic fields over the immune response of living organisms
· influence of thymus over phagocytes reaction
· non-specific immune response in diabetics
· cerebral vasomotor response in altitude hypo-oxy
· theoretical and clinical studies regarding osteoporosis phenomenon that may occur in astronauts in weightless conditions
· study of reticuline M
· morphology and reactivity of conjunctive tissue
· reactivity and modifications of the cyto-histo-chemical nervous tissue
· clinical immunology and auto-immune diseases
· action of geothermal agents over the human body and in therapy of certain diseases (in collaboration with the National Geothermal Research Center)
· bone reactivity in dental implants
· pharmacology of certain enzymes
· bone, tissue and kidney banks
· renal transplant
· medical statistical studies.
The Microwave and Inductive Heating Technologies Research Center:
· determination of mathematical model of electromagnetic and thermal fields for 3D modeling
· numerical implementation of field mathematical model using numerical methods
· comparison between numerical results and the results of professional software packages
· utilization of numerical modeling results in equipment design
· building the installation
· experimental measurements
· optimization of equipments by correlating the experimental results with the theoretical oves
· research in inductive heating domain (heating process, heat treatments, melting of non-ferrous materials, electromagnetic control of non-ferous alloy solidifing)
· research in the domain of using the microwave furance (oven) in drying process, sintering etc.
· design of electrotehnics and electromecanic instalation and their execution
· design and execution of electrothermic installation
· numerical modeling of electromagnetic phenomena, numerical modeling and CAD of the Electro-thermal equipment
· researches on microwave use and the promotion of specific technologies
· design and execution of equipment for Electro-technologies
· researches on the design, assimilation and execution of magnetrons with continuous operation and high powers
· researches on the development of measuring systems, data acquisition and processing in Electro-technical and geothermal processes.
· time-frequency analysis of the non-stationary signals image processing
· neuronal networks
· theoretical studies concerning the design of the optoelectronical sensors, optical detectors, implementation of the optoelectronical sensors in electronically circuits, design and development of some measuring electronically apparatus
· introduction of modern electrical drives in process automation;
The Nuclear Fusion Research Center:
· explanation of the phenomenon of nuclear fusion
· realisation of experimental installation for the usage of this phenomenon for energetic aims;
The Research Center in the field of superconductivity and electric and magnetic measurement in cryogenics:
· designing and construction of electronic equipment in the field of cryogenics
· manufacturing superconductivity wires
· cryogenic equipment
· use of emited energy
· designing and construction of laboratory pilot plant;
The Research Center in the airspace field (in co-operation with the Academy of Cosmonautics "K.E. Tiolkovski" Russia and The Romanian Space Agency):
· theoretical and applied researches for device's implementation with optoelectronical sensors for cosmic use
· tests of the board electronic devices
· energetic systems. Cosmic energetic systems;
The Pilot-Research Center of the Child's Rights Protection:
· implementation of the Government' strategy regarding the protection of child rights
· studies in the way to elaborate a legislation for protection of youth and teenagers that have left specific protection institutions
· implementation of a strategy in purpose to improve perfecting studies for the teaching staff which will enroll in their classes children with disabilities
· studies regarding the possibility to organize some specific protected workshops in which youth and children with disabilities can study and work
· studies regarding the socio-professional integration of teenagers and children with disabilities;
The International Center for Euro-Regional Research (CICERO):
For the moment, we have five research branches, but their number may increase, depending on the problems approached by CICERO. These branches are:
· Historic and Demographic Regional Bases. Taking into account the fact that we are concerned with a geographically delimited region, we consider it necessary to put forward its historic and demographic basis. Both historians and sociologists will be involved in the activity of this department.
· Spatial Aspect of the Euro-region. We focus mainly on geographic research. The professors and students of the Geography Chair will be involved in this section.
· The Economic Problem of Euro-regional Cooperation. The economic aspects, as well as those concerning European integration will be envisaged.
· Political aspect, the active involvement in solving certain administrative and political matters of the Carpathian Euro-region.
· Cultural aspect. We will place here the aspects related to art, culture, and civilization in the region mentioned above; we will also approach matters that are related to mass media and its role in the democratisation and transition process towards a new system of values.
We have to mention that research is carried out by each faculty department and it is materialized in scientific dissertations, presented on various national and international symposiums, congresses, conferences. The coordination of the research activity according to the department's plans and the stimulation of the creative spirit determined lately the publishing, by the didactic staff of the university, of an important number of papers and articles in specialty publications and Doctoral thesis.
To add detailed information on your school/university contact email@example.com|
Educate Abroad | firstname.lastname@example.org