|Study Guide to Masters and Bachelors Degree Courses|
MSc in Mobile and Handheld Applications
School of Mathematical and Computer Sciences
Heriot-Watt University, |
Edinburgh EH14 4AS, UK
|Tel. No.||+44 (0)131 451 3221|
|Postgraduate courses||MSc in Mobile and Handheld Applications|
|Type of courses||Full-Time, Part-Time|
|Length of course||1 or 2 years|
|Date of commencement||October|
|Accommodation||All overseas students are guaranteed a place in a hall of residence on campus during their course of postgraduate study|
|Top recruiters of our graduates||
IBM Hellas SA |
UBS AG (Bank)
|Fees||Enquire with the School for up to date fees|
|Student grants/Financial Assistance||Scholarships are available to support study|
The general admissions requirement to our MSc courses is a good honours degree or its equivalent. |
TOEFL (NEW computerised version) 213
1.Countries of origin -
Heriot-Watt has a strong tradition of attracting students from overseas and extensive experience of advising and supporting them. Our students come from all over the world…China,, Malaysia, Japan, Greece, Spain, Norway, India, France|
2. Ratio Men: Women - Our postgraduate programmes attract both male and female students – we see students as people not numbers.
3. Age Range - The ages of our postgraduate students vary – from 21 upwards.
4. Average Age - Average age for postgraduate study is 26.
5. Average Work Experience - Our postgraduate students often come with work experience – they finish their undergraduate degree, work for several years and then find their promotion chances are enhanced by studying one of our programmes.
This MSc or Postgraduate Diploma course addresses the specification, design, development and deployment of mobile software systems. Students will acquire detailed knowledge and critical understanding of the theories, principles and concepts of mobile software systems and acquire specialist skills, techniques and practical experience in applying them at an advanced Masters level.
Distributed Systems Programming
Human Factors & Usability
Software Engineering in Java 1
Information Systems Methodologies
Mobile & Handheld Application Software
Software Engineering in Java 2
All Computer Science programmes at Heriot-Watt are accredited by the British Computer Society. Our taught postgraduate courses draw very much on the strength of the research activities carried out by academic staff. Masters courses are available in such contemporary areas as Creative Software Systems, Intelligent Web Technology, Interactive Multimedia and Mobile and Handheld Applications, to name but a few. These courses are available to applicants with a first degree in Computer Science or a related discipline. Flexibility is key to the course structures at Heriot-Watt, therefore the department also offers an MSc in Information Technology with specialisms such as e-Learning and Business. Those studying the Information Systems option also have the opportunity to work on a Flexible Learning basis.
The pace of change in Computer Science and Information Technology is quite staggering, underpinned by challenging and fast paced research. The wide range of research topics addressed in the department includes:
• Synchronisation of voices and faces in cartoon animations.
• The effect of lighting variations on image texture and texture features.
• Personalised computing in a pervasive world
• The role of emotion and affective behaviour in computer systems.
• Diagnosing eye disorders using neural networks for pattern matching
• Fingerprint detection using photometric stereo computer techniques.
• Biologically inspired approaches to computation ranging from membrane, neural, glial and cerebrovascular networks to evolutionary algorithms.
• The design of robust programming languages with provably correct properties.
To add detailed information on your school/university contact email@example.com|
Educate Abroad | firstname.lastname@example.org