|Study Guide to Masters and Bachelors Degree Courses|
MSc in Applied Mathematical Sciences
School of Mathematical and Computer Sciences
Heriot-Watt University, |
Edinburgh EH14 4AS, UK
|Tel. No.||+44 (0)131 451 3221|
|Postgraduate course||MSc in Applied Mathematical Sciences|
|Type of courses||Full-Time, Part-Time and a flexible learning MSc in Information Technology (IS)|
|Length of course||1 or 2 years|
|Date of commencement||October|
|Accommodation||All overseas students are guaranteed a place in a hall of residence on campus during their course of postgraduate study|
|Fees||Enquire with the School for up to date fees|
|Student grants/Financial Assistance||Scholarships are available to support study|
A good honours degree in mathematics, statistics or another numerate discipline is required |
TOEFL (NEW computerised version) 213
1.Countries of origin -
Heriot-Watt has a strong tradition of attracting students from overseas and extensive experience of advising and supporting them. Our students come from all over the world…China,, Malaysia, Japan, Greece, Spain, Norway, India, France|
2. Ratio Men: Women - Our postgraduate programmes attract both male and female students – we see students as people not numbers.
3. Age Range - The ages of our postgraduate students vary – from 21 upwards.
4. Average Age - Average age for postgraduate study is 26.
5. Average Work Experience - Our postgraduate students often come with work experience – they finish their undergraduate degree, work for several years and then find their promotion chances are enhanced by studying one of our programmes.
We offer taught modules blending theory and applications. We have core modules and options in applied mathematics, statistics and scientific computing, and optional interdisciplinary modules in financial mathematics, engineering mathematics, management and computing/IT.
The department of Mathematics was rated 5 in Applied Mathematics in RAE 2001 and is part of the Maxwell Institute for Mathematical Sciences, the joint research institute of mathematical sciences at Heriot-Watt and Edinburgh Universities.
We offer taught post graduate courses to MSc level through the new Applied Mathematical Sciences MSc and the Advanced Mathematics and Statistics for Engineers Masters Training Package Supervision, leading to the degree of Ph.D. or M.Phil. by research, is available in the all the areas listed below.
• Bifurcation theory
• Computer-aided learning in mathematics
• Continuum mechanics
• Dynamical systems
• Functional analysis
• Group theory
• Mathematical biology
• Mathematical physics
• Mathematics applied to medicine
• Nonlinear differential equations
• Numerical analysis
• Partial differential equations
• Spectral theory of partial differential equations
• Statistical mechanics and probability theory
• String theory
To add detailed information on your school/university contact email@example.com|
Educate Abroad | firstname.lastname@example.org