Students are constantly under pressure while they study at their colleges. Every educational program consists of semesters, which are divided into several stages called modules. Students have to complete a lot of assignments and at the end of a certain theme, they pass a module. Moreover, itís demanded to pass summarization tests and exams at the end of every semester and learning year. Additionally, students have to write such complex papers like dissertations, case studies, coursework, etc. All these tasks and exams induce a lot of stress that negatively affects students, their health, and academic progress.
Studying is a stressful obligation every student should pass through. Itís one of the main reasons why students feel fear, anxiety, and even danger. Stress is a natural response of our brain to some abnormal and potentially hazardous situations. Our brain perceives various external influencers differently.
Thus, we may begin to feel stress due to:
- Real or imagined dangers;
- Problems in private life;
- Troubles with peers;
- All kinds of fears;
- Aggressive environment, etc.
Life, in general, is a big stressful situation. Even when you hear the good news, you feel stress too. However, this kind of stress is actually positive. We should review this case from an opposite perspective. Students suffer from stressful sensations.
Letís define different negative effects students feel due to stress. They should be divided into two categories Ė mental and physical.
| Muscle stiffness
|| Sleeping problems
| Energy loss
|| Problems with memory
| Poor appetite
|| Emotional instability
| Frequent tiredness
|| Inability to concentrate
Of course, there are more possible health complications. It should be mentioned that these effects are related to one another and may trigger the development of other problems. Thus, if you donít sleep well, you lose energy, have a headache, and are always tired and weak. It also affects your mental stability, causes problems with concentration and memory, slows down thinking, etc. Itís a complex of health deviations and you should know how to overcome it.
How to Keep Stress at Bay
We have a few effective methods that help to manage stress.
- Journaling. The writing practice is the cure itself. There is one effective stress management therapy, called narrative medicine. The British journal Advances in Psychiatric Treatment reports its potential is compared to music therapy and similar ones. Itís all about writing, which helps to express negative emotions or maintain a positive outlook. There are various types of narrative medicine or journaling. For example, you can try expressive writing or gratitude writing.
- Online assistance. Another effective method to reduce stress related to studying is to use the help of a good custom college essay writing service. Professional writers and editors can complete some assignments instead of students. Accordingly, they wonít feel any stress or fear because they will receive competent help. The resourcefulness of writing services shouldnít be doubted. They compose papers of all types in strict accordance with academic rules and demands. Besides, their papers are 100% authentic and every order is delivered on time. Therefore, you donít violate your deadlines and will meet the demand to compose unique papers.
- Scheduling time. Oftentimes, students experience stress because they run out of time. Itís a natural reaction of most people. Just remind yourself how anxious you were when you understood that there is time left and something important wasnít finished before the deadline was over. Thus, students are anxious and nervous when they violate deadlines. Accordingly, itís vital to learn how to control your time properly. Learn different techniques and use some helpful applications. They will teach you to follow a strict schedule and thus, reduce stress.
- Reevaluation. Another good methodology is to reevaluate your problems and obtain a positive attitude. You should take the current problems and analyze them. Try to identify what factors lead to stress. Afterward, realize that things arenít that bad and think positively. Take some time and find logical ways to cope with your problem and eliminate stress entirely.
- Meditation. Different kinds of meditation have proved to be extremely effective a long time ago. Undoubtedly, they help to manage stress too. Any meditation is a powerful combination of physical exercise, deep breathing, mindfulness, and relaxation. Try different kinds to practice the most effective one.
- Deep breathing. You shouldnít underestimate the value of deep breathing. Itís probably the simplest methods everyone can practice where he/she is. You can breathe deeply even right before your exams or difficult assignment. Define various methods and adapt the most suitable one.
- Have a healthy sleep. Undoubtedly, your schedule should include sleep time. As we mention it, we mean a healthy sleep that is at least 8 hours for adult people. No matter how much work you have to do, you ought to be reasonable. You need time for relaxation. Our body and mind rest at the fullest when we sleep. Therefore, go to bed and wake up at the same time to maintain a healthy regime.
As you can see, there are real hazards from the part of the stress caused by studying. Students have to face this challenge because they want to complete their studies and become experts in their sphere. Luckily, there are many therapies and methodologies that help to successfully conquer stress and properly focus on your academics. Try different options and define the most suitable and safe to be mentally strong.