Karlsruhe Institute of Technology
HECTOR School of Engineering & Management
M.Sc. in Management of Product Development (MPD)
Product development is the process of entirely planning and prototyping novel technical systems. It ranges from finding the product profile to creating a concept, designing, making prototypes, testing and validating. The actual manufacturing phase follows subsequently and is the second and final stage of the product creation process.
Thus, product development is certainly one of the core means of adding value in companies and is crucial for their success through innovation. Creativity and performance potential define the success of product development.
Participants of the master program Management of Product Development (MPD) are able to analyse, design, operate and implement the product development process in their companies in an optimized way by means of acquired research and application-oriented methods and processes.
Based on an integrated approach to product creation processes, the graduates can successfully implement innovative ideas and innovation in competitive products, while they draw a special focus on major criteria such as customized product solutions, the reduction of production costs as well as the optimization of quality standards. Furthermore, they are capable of implementing creativity techniques to accompany further innovation processes.
Finally, due to increasing performance and competition pressure in product development, graduates can counteract shorter development times and product life cycles with appropriate methods and techniques.
Additionally, Management of Product Development shares five management modules with the other master programs. This fosters networking across sectors and provides the participants with general knowledge in finance, accounting, marketing, international multiproject management, international law, and human resource management. In this way they can consider the commercial implications of project decisions and develop a holistic view.
Other courses offered by Karlsruhe Institute of Technology
M.Sc. in Energy Engineering and Management (EEM)
M.Sc. in Financial Engineering (FE)
M.Sc. in Information System Engineering and Management (ISEM)
M.Sc. in Mobility Systems Engineering and Management (MSEM)
M.Sc. in Optics and Photonics
M.Sc. in Production and Operations Management (POM)
About HECTOR School of Engineering & Management
- First academic degree: Bachelor, Master, Diploma, etc. in a relevant subject such as Engineering, Natural Sciences, Information Science, or Economics. In exceptional cases, other degrees may be accepted.
- Minimum of 1-2 years of professional experience in the specific field of the program
- TOEFL or IELTS (at least 90 iBT) or an equal qualification which must be checked individually
The HECTOR School is the Technology Business School of the Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT).
Named after Dr. Hans-Werner Hector, one of the co-founders of SAP AG, HECTOR School aims to provide professionals with state-of-the-art technological expertise and management know-how within part-time education programs.
The HECTOR School fosters lifelong learning within industry. Participants are supported in their career development with executive master degree programs, certificate courses, and customized partner programs. The benefits of the executive master programs are numerous for participants as well as for the companies they work for:
- Unique Holistic Approach: A combination of technology expertise and management know-how.
- State-of-the-Art Knowledge: Direct transfer from the Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT) research.
- Part-Time Structure: Allows participants to continue with their demanding careers whilst acquiring new skills.
- Master Thesis to set up Innovation Projects: Companies gain outstanding added value through the consultation of such projects by professors from KIT.
- Excellent Networking Opportunities: Professional networking is fostered across industries and on an international scale.
Our directors enrich HECTOR School with strong business experience combined with academic competence. Industry backings provide opportunities to generate ideas with substantial practical impact, which also feed insights into creative teaching approaches.
Professors from the KIT, internationally recognized faculty members from out partner institutions as well as business experts from leading companies form the faculty of HECTOR School.